Friday, May 1, 2009

Moving week!

It's not moving day, but it has been moving week. Regardless, it has been very exciting! I don't want to take any pictures until everything is cleaned up. This all began last Saturday while I was in Hickory. Matthew began moving our bedroom. I still can't get over him moving that armoire by himself.

Sunday we continued to move some of the clothes. We spent the first night in the house! It was a little strange, yet comfortable. Monday morning, I took a shower and started to get dressed. I found a shirt, but no pants! Luckily our "old" house is just down the hill. I put my shorts back on and went in search of pants.

I looked a large pile of clothes on the floor and said, "Hmmm... my pants are in there somewhere." I didn't feel like digging, and I knew they would be all wrinkley. I found a skirt hanging in one of our tiny closets, and I received so many compliments on how nice I looked! Funny how things work out!

Anyhoo... all this week we have been moving stuff a truck load at a time each day. Last night we moved the last of the appliances, the washer and dryer. I had to be a plumber this morning and switch the hot/cold connections. Last night I looked at them upside down, so they ended up backwards. I'm trying our first load of laundry as I type.

We have gone a week without TV. We haven't missed it (except for maybe the news). We have listened to NPR every morning and evening. The DirecTV person will be here Saturday to "move" our dish and hook up everything. We broke down and we are putting a TV and box in our bedroom. It will be inside the armoire so we can close the doors and forget it is there.

Well, that has been the excitement so far. I have done some touch-up painting, and I had to actually paint the pantry because slacker-me didn't do it right the first time. But, Matthew was able to put in the shelves last night! Yay for food storage!

OK. I need to go, but I will try to keep you updated and have some pictures soon. Meanwhile, here is me at the computer before the fridge and stove were hooked up. It's not the best pic of me, and you can tell how tired I was. (Don't tell, but I took a day yesterday, and I feel a 100 times better today! Plus it's FRIDAY!)


1 comment:

Jen said...

WHy were you hooking up your washing machine standing on your head? I know you are a gymnast and all, but that is just showing off...

I am so excited for you guys! How does Moldy like the new digs?