Sunday, October 11, 2009

Quite Fortunate

Often I take for granted the beautiful area surrounding me.

Rigth now the leaves are rapidly changing to beautiful yellows, oranges, and reds. However, this evening has been masked by a mysterious fog.

This is an unzoomed view from my front door. The edge of the pasture is may 50-60 yards(?) away, and by this point I almost could not see it! I shall try to get a picture comparison. We have a lot of Poplar trees, and most of them have lost their leaves! Matthew says they are the first, anyway.

I take for granted the fact that I get to live in a beautiful area. My friend, Andy, reminded me that he and his family will have to travel to see such sites. I merely drive to work and see all the beautiful colors.

Meanwhile... I'm not sure I could handle a place that has snow already... BTW~ Hey, Cuz! How much snow do you have in Montana???

1 comment:

Yer Cuz said...

We had 4 inches Oct. 1st! We didn't get a fall this year, instead of the leaves dropping, they just froze on the trees. One day I'm in a tshirt, the next POW! Winter jacket. Today's pretty warm (read that: above zero), so I'm gonna go splash around in the river a little :) Glad to see someone's enjoying the fall!