Monday, October 18, 2010

Making Bread Pt. 2 & 3

Here is the bread after 12 hours in a warm place, and my two greased loaf pans.

After some satisfying pounding down of the dough, I separate it in half. I give each half and extra knead or two to get some of the bubbles out. These return to the microwave/warm spot for another 12 hours. (I hope you like the shot with my trashcan and Shark steamer mop.)

(Sorry there is no picture for Pt. 3.)
I pop the risen loaves into a 350 degree oven to bake for 30 minutes, or until they are a beautiful golden brown on top. They rest in the pans on a rack for 5-10 minutes, then I flip them out to sit on the rack until they are cooled completely. At this point, I am wanting to slice the loaf in half and eat it. I opt for a single slice with some butter. They need to cool completely before bagging them so they will not mold as fast. Good stuff!!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Nothing better than the taste of freshly baked bread...

It's a wonder you guys don't weight 500 pounds.