Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Big News

After Labor Day, I took a pregnancy test which was positive! I took another one the next day, and it was positive. I didn't know what to think. Yes, we are excited, but reality told me our world would be turning upside down in 9 short months (in a good way, of course).

I called the doctor and made my first appointment. Matthew went with me. It was the first time we got to see the baby and the little heartbeat. It's amazing. The baby measured to be 8 weeks and 4 days, and my due date is May 9th.

At my next appointment, I was 12 weeks and heard the heartbeat for the first time. Matthew was no able to come with me.

A couple of weeks later, I saw my niece and nephew at a King dinner. My sister-in-law called me a few days later to let me know little Tyler went to the doctor and was diagnosed with 5ths Disease. I called the doc and had to go in to have blood drawn. My sister (nurse) let me know Stephen had it when she was pregnant with Josh. So I didn't worry too much. I went in for the blood work and asked if I could hear the heartbeat while I was there. The first nurse had trouble finding it. "Don't panic yet" she said. She got another nurse who found it, and I was able to record it on my phone. When I got home, I played it for Matthew. He didn't say anything but I could tell he thought it was pretty cool. Oh, I tested negative for the disease but am not immune, so I have to get another test.

Two weeks later brings us to today. I am going today for my 16 week check-up. In the last couple of weeks my belly has popped! I have been very fortunate because I have had no sickness. I had the major fatigue during the 1st trimester, but I am over that hump. I definitely have more energy now but still get tired easily. I have to remind myself to not push it. Last night I wanted so badly to make dinner but had no energy whatsoever. Matthew didn't mind. He had some soup and pimento cheese crackers. Don't tell him I said this, but he has been so awesome. He has especially been a good sport about cleaning 3 litter boxes. Those little boys can fill a couple of litter boxes!

Matthew and I are pleased to announce that we are due to have a baby in May!

3 comments:

familyofmgms said...

So exciting! Congratulations to you both! :)

Rhonda said...

I am so excited for you. :)
Being a mommy is so freaking cool. Just hold on...it's the ride of your life.

Jen said...

Yay! I can't wait to see the Kinglet's first picture.