Sunday, February 26, 2012

Blanket for Baby

Before Christmas, I decided to make a blanket for the baby. I went to the craft store and found a book of different blankets. I was going to knit it, but a friend advised that a crocheted blanket would have a better texture. I had to buy new needles because I have no idea where the last set purchased is located. The blanket has 4 colors: baby purple, baby green, baby yellow, and a veregated white, green, blue.

I don't mind pink, but I didn't want it in the blanket. I have crocheted 9 squares of yellow, green, and veregated. I have 3 purple squares finished, so 6 more to go. When those are done, I will add the edging to each square. You can see it in the pattern's picture.

At first, I had a very tense stitch. You can see it in the yellow. I may end up re-doing some of those. After the edging, I sew the squares together and then add an edge to the whole blanket. This is all new to me because I have never actually made a product by crocheting before. I am starting to get the hang of it, and I hope to learn more stitches. Thanks to Pinterest, I have several ideas waiting for me. I'll take another pic when I have the edging finished. I should be able to start that next weekend!!!

No comments: