Thursday, August 16, 2012

3 months later...

Claire can now:
  1. Smile and giggle.
  2. Coo and say her vowels.
  3. Drool enough to reverse a drought.
  4. Blow bubbles. 
  5. Suck her left thumb and chew on her right hand (can we say teething soon?).
  6. Almost grab stuff by herself.
  7. Bring items that are in her hand to her mouth.
  8. Stand with straight, strong legs while you hold her.
  9. Almost sit up without any help.  In fact, she prefers sitting up.
  10. Roll from her tummy to her back. 
I love watching her hands and how she continues to gain control over their movements.  She is still slightly spastic with them.  My favorite is when she puts her hands together and sort of rolls them around like she's plotting something. 

I love breastfeeding.  It was hard in the beginning but now I look forward to our time together.  She will look up and smile at me sometimes.  It cracks me up when she does it. 

Baby girl was born with a head full of hair and it is getting longer.  She has lots of red curls on top of her head.  I can't do the head bands because they remind me of garter belts.  I know I'm weird.  I might have an aversion to them because I don't like headbands on my own head.  They give me headaches.  I will put a clip in her hair and it's pretty cute.   

I love her big, blue eyes.  I think they just might stay blue.

I can put a hat and sunglasses on her and it is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

She has good days and bad days.  We mostly have good days, but her bad days are caused by tummy troubles or lack of naps.  My girl is just like me because she needs her sleep.  She will sleep through the night and then we will nurse in bed in the morning.  Sometimes I will stay in bed and we'll snooze together, or I will leave her snoozing while I get up to pump, eat breakfast, &/or clean up the kitchen (aka play on Facebook).

Every day is a new day.  Next week most of my friends will be returning to their teaching jobs.  I, however, will be staying home with Claire.  It has not sunk in yet that I will be staying home.  I will miss meeting my freshmen students and miss seeing my returning students.  I received some great advice which is enjoy every moment of staying home and that is exactly what I am going to try to do.  :)

No comments: