Monday, February 16, 2009

Let there be light...

Here are our lights in real life. It's always scary when you choose the stuff, take it home, and then there is a brief period of panic. What if I don't like it when it's installed?

Well, needless to say, it looks great! Here is a shot from the edge of the bar looking into the kitchen/dining room.








This the light in the "foyer."














Choosing ceiling fans is another overwhelming task with the looking up and craning your neck. Anyway, Matthew liked what I picked, and they look nice!

Master Bedroom



Guest bedroom - I really love the colors in here. It's very warm.


















Blogger is acting kind of crazy, so sorry for the weird layout. There is still a lot to do in the house: the plumber is supposed to come this week (yay toilets!); we need to order interior doors; the cabinets need to be finished; the hardwood floors will be one of the last things (so they don't get messed up); and the trim around the doors and windows.

We may reach the one year mark before we actually move in, BUT we will be in by the Spring. We can't wait! We have spent so much time in there that it might feel a little strange when we start sleeping there! We haven't camped out (yet), but I have a feeling that if we get some propane and the gas logs hooked up...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ach, how exciting!! I LOVE the fixtures, it's going to be FABULOUS! I can't wait to see it!

You guys are going to be so proud moving in when it's all finished, and showing off all your hard work.

Jen said...

Tiff--Your house is looking really great. I love the light fixtures. fans, tile, et al. I know it must be so overwhelming making every little decision yourselves!

I love watching it all come together.

Sorry I didn't comment sooner--I check it all the time; I've just been in potty-training hell.

:-)
Jen