Sunday, March 22, 2009

Little by Little

Here are some updated pictures of the house. The plumbing is finished!

The toilet! And yes, it works! It's a dual flush, which saves water. So, it has a #1 and a #2 flush. :) You can see the button on top.


Here is a glimpse of the red oak window trim. It looks gorgeous! Matthew (with a couple of other guys) planed, sanded, cut, stained, and bug sprayed ALL of the trim from large, rough cut red oak.

The floors were purchased as prefinished #2 red oak, and they are finished! I only have a picture of the "under construction" floor. The next step is a banister/railing for the stairs in the back hall, and we should get our C.O. (Certificate of Occupancy, aka final inspection).









Now, for my favorite part of the whole house... The kitchen! I LOVE my kitchen. It's so fancy (read that with a long "a"). Matthew did an awesome job with the tile backsplash. The last picture is my Delta Leland faucet with diamond technology. :) It's a pull down faucet with a switch for the sprayer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! It continues to get better and better. The window trim looks great, I can't wait to see it up close.
The kitchen also is beautiful, great job on the splash tile and the counter top is fantastic.

One thing to remember....everyone gets TWO moves only! All you have left is a half move for Matthew, he used 1 1/2 getting that sofa out of his apartment!

Pop

Tiff said...

HAHAHA! I guess we'll be over our limit since we are planning on moving the couch to the new house :P Although, it shouldn't be as bad as getting it down those skinny stairs!

Jen said...

Toilet pic reminds me of traveling with you :-)

Everything is looking great! I am coveting your kitchen...

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...

Uh, can I move in with you guys?

;)

Tiff said...

Yes, Jen. I do have a knack for taking photos of the loo :)

Mary...you come stay anytime!