Sunday, July 5, 2009

Papa Kinney

Matthew and I went to Rome, GA for my grandfather's funeral. My Uncle Dixon (dad's brother) wrote a beautiful euology. My mother's family (Kinney) is buried in Rome. I met several family members that haven't seen me in 20 years.

One interesting part was a story about how at every funeral at this cemetary, there is a butterfly that lands on someone in the family. Sure enough, a butterfly showed up and landed on my Aunt LuAnne. It was pretty sweet, because she took good care of my Papa his last few years.

We shared lots of stories and had a great visit.

RIP Weyman "Papa" Kinney
b. July 21, 1923; d. June 27, 2009

2 comments:

Jen said...

I got chills at the butterfly part. Wow.

Tiff said...

It stayed on her hand long enough for her daughter to get a picture.