Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Beach Trip

Ahhh... I spent a week at Oak Island, NC. I only spent one day on the beach, because the weather turned windy and the surf became unruly. The tide came all the way up to the dunes!


The morning on the beach was an exciting one. A little family of dolphins swam by between the sandbars.


One of the fun parts of the week was hanging with Addie. While I was watching her, I decided to have a photo shoot on her play mat. First, I got some smiles.


She is only 3.5 months old, and she is cutting two bottom teeth! Her thing is to suck in her bottom lip and move her tongue over her lip and gums. I guess it feels weird, but it makes for some really funny faces.

I managed to catch that at the right time. Well, it was a week of pure R & R. I went to the pool a couple of times for sun. Now it's back to reality.

I had an interview at Staples yesterday, and I will be starting next week! Only part-time. I will stay with them when school starts if I'm still 50%.

My mother's father passed away in his sleep last Friday night. He had a life full of travel and adventures. Matthew and I travel to Georgia tomorrow for his visitation and funeral. I am always amazed at all the different people who are/were a part of the lives of the people I love. I'm sure there will be lots of stories.

I hope you are all doing well! Summer is flying by so fast! Today is the last day of June! Meanwhile, I'm heading down to the old house to help get it ready to rent. Yay! Fun, fun, fun!

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a cutie! oh my, you can't help but smile when you look at that face!