Sunday, June 21, 2009

Always An Adventure...

So, Matthew and I were sitting on the back deck, and he says, "Do you see that?" At that moment I see a Bobcat run into the woods. Now I know why Moldy does not want to go out sometimes.

A few weeks ago, I chased a Red Fox into the woods as I was coming up the drive.

A doe crossed the driveway in the apple orchard.

You have seen pictures of our Wild Turkeys. There is only one wandering around these days.

Yesterday, Matthew saw a snake next to the driveway. (He does not like snakes, like I do not like spiders.) Today, I saw the snake basically in the same spot. We had put down some straw nets to help the bank from washing, and this poor snake was caught up in the netting. So I did the only thing I knew... I cut it out. Matthew bravely went with me, and I made him take this pic before I let the poor little fellow go.


For anyone who knows how I love to pick up animals, you can appreciate the smile on my face.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay for the snake wrangler! I would have done the same thing. (I hate spiders too...) Want to come handle the wasps in our bathroom?