Thursday, June 18, 2009

Last days...

So, June 10 was the last day for school for the students, which ended with a great game of Apples to Apples (I think a new tradition has been born). The next two days I spent trying to clean my room (which I may have all to myself next year).

Whoa... let me back up. I have shared a room with the chorus teacher for the last three years. I am only 50% time, and I have one class in the Band room and one class in the Chorus room. Sadly, there is not a "Strings" room. (Now I am probably jinxing myself with this next part). The Chorus teacher is leaving and teaching at another school (his choice). Since my certification is "Music K-12", I can technically teach chorus. IF they keep chorus for next year (stupid budget cuts), I would teach chorus and orchestra which means I'd be full-time which means I'll have benefits (even though that getting trimmed, too).

OK. Before I could beging to clean my room, I found out that they are doing a $400,000 remodel of the cafeteria (which is outside the music "wing"). Guess where half the cafeteria tables are getting stored? Yup. Room is full of tables. I was able to clean off my desk.

Anyhoo... what a wacky year! I'm glad it's over. It wasn't bad. I took students to Festival in Grade 5/6 music (6 being the highest) and received a Superior rating. I just never felt like I was "with it" this year. I think building the house affected my internal balance. Here's to what next year may bring!

No comments: