Saturday, May 22, 2010

Spring Concert

Oy! My final concert for the school year was bitter sweet. We put on a great concert, and I am very proud of my students. I also had to acknowledge my first group of seniors whom I've had for 4 years! They are very precious to me.

I refused help from a friend to videotape the entire concert. Instead, I asked a student to video the orchestra portion of the concert. I forgot, however, to ask someone to video the chorus portion... I was sort of bummed because I think they sang really well!

The next morning... I had three different girls come up and say they had cash stolen from their purses during the concert. It was either a thief among us or anyone in the audience. The poor girls trusted their stuff to be safe our room (which remained unlocked). After some counseling from a good friend, I realized that I can't carry the blame for the unfortunate incidents. At least from now on, I know to tell my girls to keep up with their stuff.

All in all... I have received MANY compliments on my concert from parents, teachers, and other students! I feel very proud of their accomplishments, and I look forward to setting the bar even higher next year.

Until then... only 2.5 more weeks of students! BUT I am NOT going to wish the days away! Or am I?!?!?!?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ugh--people suck! That is such a violation, for them and for you. Glad the concert went well!