Saturday, March 12, 2011

Almost Finished!

So, it is half way through March, and I am almost finished with National Boards! I took a personal day (paid for by NBPTS) and worked at the public library from 10am until 5:30pm. I did get an hour lunch break with Matthew during that time. I managed to get two entries written and a third started.

I had my umbrella which I used to walk the two blocks to meet Matthew for lunch. When I returned to the library, I left my umbrella just outside the entrance with two other umbrellas. Yup... you see where this is going... I wrote an entry, gave myself a break, and worked on another entry. Around 5:25, I realized my writing was going downhill fast, so I started to pack it up. During my "break" I found two books which I wanted checked out.

I walk out and look for an umbrella. Yes... there were no umbrellas there. I told myself that one of the homeless people I saw needed it more that I do. And I am OK with that.

I have relieved much stress just by taking that day off. However, I have an orchestra & chorus concert this coming Thursday, "Fame!" opens on the 31st, and I have a lot of revision to do on my NB entries.

Friday I gave the head of our English department three entries to critique for me. I am really glad she is reading my entries, because she... well, she is good. I have final NBPTS reading session on Monday. I am so very thankful for the support system that has established itself for me. My assistant principal, who has been through the process, has been wonderful!

No comments: