Sunday, December 7, 2008

Birthday Adventure

My sister and her family live in Charlotte. Her youngest son, Josh, almost shares a birthday with me. His birthday is Dec. 5 and mine is Dec. 6. He is one day older than me. So, yesterday, we celebrated his birthday at Chuckie Cheesee (as mom calls it). ^-^

If you have never been to C.C., it is an experience. I am going to leave it at that.

So after walking into the overstimulating, ADHD world, you find your child's table. You look up and see this...


Animatronic creatures that blink and "play" instruments. Yeah, it kind of creeps me out, too.

Then I see Josh, and he is ready to play games!

This is a picture of my other nephew, Stephen. He turned 9 last October. I still can't believe how big he is getting.


Stephen is also quite the athlete. He plays baseball, basketball, and golf. Just look at that form!

Josh loves playing games. His friend, Jake, and him played this one for awhile. This was a good game for them because it keeps going when you run into walls (which happened a lot). :P

After some coercing, Josh decided to blow out his candles.

Josh received a Nintendo DS and a few games. Here, he is contemplating how much time he will spend playing these games.

I stayed a litte longer, and Mom and dad gave me my birthday gifts. I got a nice watch and a Fossil belt. Our new tradition for birthdays and Christmas gifts is to go shopping together, and we pick out presents and go ahead and buy them. It's really fun! Then we open our presents and act all surprised... "How did you know?????"

Stephen drew a card for me and sis gave me my "giftcard". ^_^ (Her birthday was last week, and I gave her one, too.)
Then it was time to go back up the mountain. Matthew and I went to a friend's housewarming party for a bit. It was a great time, especially when our friend, Rhonda showed up. She is on leave taking care of her new little girl, Kenly. (See Nothing But Real Life blog, very cute).

After a little socializing, Matthew took me out for Thai food! I can't believe how Hendersonville has moved up in the world by getting 2 Thai restaurants! Now, if we could get a good Indian restaurant...

Anyway... we ate some yummy Thai food. I ordered Duck Pineapple Curry, and Matt ordered Pepper Steak marinated in papaya. I ordered spicy on a level just above mildest... oh man! We commenced to trading plates, traded back, and then one last time. I thought the flavor of both dishes was great! The duck was "crispy" (which I loved), but Matt thought it was burnt.

We came home, I stayed up and felt very fortunate to have received a birthday wish for almost every year of my life!

Overall, I had a good birthday. I am continuing my celebrations by going to the movies with my friend, Kelly. We are going to see "Twilight"! Yay!

My orchestra's Winter Concert is a week from Tuesday. After our concert, we have 3 days of "fun" stuff, and then Christmas break for TWO WEEKS! I am looking forward to it.

Well... I'm off to pick out some lights for the house! I hope my readers have a great day!

7 comments:

Babsy said...

Happy Birthday again!
Looks like you guys had a blast.

Jen said...

Your birthday sounds awesome. I was going to make some comment about your celebration at Chuckie Cheese, but I couldn't come up with anything clever. Oh well! Glad you had a great day--you deserve it! I am jealous that I am the only one who hasn't seen Twilight. Boo.

Tiff said...

Thanks!
You couldn't come up with anything because there's nothing clever about CC. It's very enlightening to see the parenting skills of some people (or lack of).

I recommend seeing "Twilight". They did a good job with it. Of course it's a little different, but I liked it.

Rhonda said...

It was awesome to see you on Sat. I'm glad your birthday turned out well. C.C. freaks me out now that I'm grown. When I was a kid, I thought it was the ultimate form of entertainment.

Tiff said...

Have you ever been to Dave & Barry's? It's like CC but for adults. I went once in Ohio.

Jen said...

Love the new layout. I just wish I had a chance to go see the movie--or someone to go with!

I guess I could try to strong arm Barbara to go with me...

Anonymous said...

Happy WAY belated Birthday! I've been so busy I completely forgot to call...I hope you had a blast!

You look FABULOUS Darling, just FABULOUS! What are you, 22?

Love ya!