Monday, January 19, 2009

Drywall is finished!

Finally, our drywall is all sanded! Matthew and a couple of guys worked on priming the walls and ceiling on Friday. Saturday, Matthew and I finished priming and put the first coat on the living room walls! He is great with colors.

Here are some pictures of the primed walls.


This is the drop-down ceiling. (Not primed yet).

This is the guest bedroom closet. Matthew had tried a sample of the color he picked. We liked it! I'm getting ready to go work on it this morning.

This is a look at the brick tile that will go on the shower walls in the guest bath.

OK. So this picture is just a teaser. Our kitchen cabinets and countertops are in, but they will remain covered until we are finished painting. If you peek at the floor next to that bucket, you will get a glimpse of the tile!

I will post some updated pics soon. We worked hard all weekend painting. We have almost finished the first coat on everything. The ceilings are done! Matthew will be calling the electrician to put up the lights and finish all the electrical.

OK. We are trying to get it finished, so I'm off to paint this morning before school!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, it looks FAB!! I'm so excited for you!!

So Michael called me and asked for your email, but I don't know if any of the emails I have for you are accurate. Here's his:
micsut0573@students.chefva.com

When you get a minute, would you shoot us BOTH an email, him so he can ask you his questions and me so I don't have to send you emails through your blog :)

Love ya cuz!
simoriahtyler@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

waz up couz...its michael. i need info on costa rica i know uve been and could prob help me. i need a vacation this yr. hit me back Micsut0573@students.chefva.com
ill make u something good in return?
peace

Jen said...

Looks really great, TIff. I am so excited to see the finished house!

Tiff said...

I am VERY excited! The electrician is coming today, and we may finish all the painting this weekend.

There is still LOTS to do, but if we can get our interior doors and plumbing finished, we can get our C.O. (Certificate of occupancy).

Anonymous said...

Ah, the joys and pains...

I finished a "Get ready for home ownership" class last night...figure it's time I did the deed, but it's SO hard alone!!

It's either that or go back to school, so I can sport that snazzy t-shirt I got for Christmas. (Triangle park is pretty high on my list of PhD candidates!)

Rhonda said...

Things are looking good Tiffany. It won't be long before you can move and make it all perfect and just like HOME. I hope you've been making amazing progress even though the weather has been king of frightful.

Hope to see you soon.
Rhonda