Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wish I had pictures...

Moldy has not had fleas since we found her 5 years ago! For a few months, she has had a small clan of fleas living on her. Then they decided to give us a try. I bought some flea medicine, but it did not do anything! OK... short story long...

While Matthew getting corn for the turkey feeder, he picked up some flea bath for kittens and cats. He figured if it was safe for kittens, then it should be gentle enough. :)

While I was in Winston-Salem, Moldy had her first bath! Matthew held her under the running water... bathed her... rinsed her... AND ended up turning on the shower to finish rinsing her! He said she didn't mind it at all. Plus, he towel AND blow dried her. AMAZING! I only wish I had pictures...

4 comments:

Yer Cuz said...

You should try Advantage or Frontline. They're the best on-cat products I've ever found (and believe me, I've tried a few...) But remember, if you have carpets, you can have a flea colony in the house, so matter how many times you bathe her, if they keep coming back, they're probably living in your house. Nice thought, eh?
M

SquirrelQueen said...

I use Revolution on my cat but Frontline or Advantage are both good, I highly recommend any of them. Good luck.

Jen said...

By the way--you don't have to publish that last comment. I guess I could have just emailed you!

Jen said...

I agree with the others except for one thing--Frontline did not work on my kitties. When I adopted Pepper, I had no idea she had some stubborn fleas, and she infested my other babies. I tried treating them with Frontline--twice (a month apart) and the fleas did not go away.

Advantage is where it's at--plus it will also kill the fleas in the house without having to get a separate treatment.

You can get it from 1800Petmeds online for $30 for a 4-month treatment.

I made the cats sleep on a white sheet the night I treated them and awoke to dead fleas--exactly what I was hoping!