Monday, April 19, 2010

Sheet rock, spiders, & pollen, OH MY!

I can't believe ANOTHER week has flown by. In that time we have finished the sheet rock in the basement. This meant the washing machine had to be disconnected. We own Fisher & Paykel washer and dryer. I've had them for... wow... 7 years. Each has been serviced once, and now I'm going for the washer's second. After reconnecting, it doesn't want to drain.

Last weekend, I was assaulted by a spider. OK. So it didn't attack me, per se...

It did BURST out from under the litter box sending me SCREAMING into the opposite side of the house. I closed the bathroom door only to notice it has a nice sized gap. I call Matthew in a frenzy.
T: What should I DO?!?
M: Just put a Mason jar over it, slide a piece of paper underneath, and take it outside.
T: Wha? Ha! A MASON JAR WON"T FIT OVER THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
M: How big is it?
T: Friggin' HUGE!
M:(laughs) OK. I'll be home soon.
T: (trying to control breathing) I think I have a glass that's big enough.

So I grab a glass, and try the sneak around behind it... it ran. More screaming. Me chasing it. It chasing me. I finally corner it and lower the glass. It raises in front two legs. Guess what buddy? I'm done screaming. Your @$$ is going outside.... as soon as Matthew gets home. Can you see? Can you see the size of that thing?!?

The spider and I now live in separate harmony. :)

And now a kudos to Zyrtec which is keeping my sinuses at bay for now.

2 comments:

Jen said...

OMG--I am glad the thing didn't eat Moldy!

I would have passed out. Spiders are not my thing...

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I think I'd scream and run too if that thing was in my house! IT'S HUGE! You totally reacted appropriately! No over-reaction there at all!