Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Break

This is Spring Break week, and I am trying to make the most of it! It started Saturday in Asheville. A friend from my Greensboro days was visiting her folks in Aville, so we got to hang out. We did Malaprops for a coffee/smoothie, Woolworth Walk with its beautiful, local art, and The Grove Arcade with its funky, hip shops. I found a t-shirt with a goat on it! We also had fun at the Bath Junkie creating different scents, including dirt+cucumber+basil...

Sunday was Easter. We had dinner at the King Ranch. Little Addison did not feel well, but she sure did have some fun in her swing! Oh, I love to hear her giggle!

Monday was for more friend time. We met up at Carl Sandburg's place in Flat Rock. It was a BEAUTIFUL day, verging on being hot! The goats and chickens are my favortie part, and yes, I did wear my new goat t-shirt. :)
We had nice hike followed by some delicious pizza by the Flat Rock Bakery. Mmmmmm!
Tuesday was long overdue time spent with a good friend. We had a fantastic time shopping at Target, then lunch at Hannah Flanagan's, and more shopping downtown Hendo.

Wednesday was my time. Matthew has been threatening to donate any of my framed pictures that don't get hung up. I managed to get quite a few hung yesterday in no time! I don't know why I waited so long to do it.

Thursday... getting less productive: I've done a load of dishes; one load of laundry washed & waiting to be put in the dryer; one basket waiting to be folded; vacuumed AND Shark steam-cleaned the floors; hmmm... maybe I've done a little more than I thought today. Yay!

I'm hoping to go back Monday, recharged and ready for the next 9 weeks. We don't have any breaks between now and the end of the year (thank you, snow).

Hope all is well with you out there in cyberspace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how much our ideas of a great spring break have changed in just a few years!? Sounds like yours was very relaxing!

Glad I could donate for your great cause!

Thanks for the comment on my bowling post! I think the bowling shoes are a GREAT fashion statement! They might go really well with your goat shirt! :)

Jen said...

I find it totally wrong that you get pics of the goats (which is great) but no pics of you in the goat shirt. Wrong.