Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Music

As most of you know, I am a musican and music teacher. You would think that I listen to lots and lots of music, but I really do not. I usually cannot listen to live singers. (Needless to say, I cannot stand American Idol.) I am often surprised at the number of singers with million dollar record contracts that really can't sing. And then there are the ones I admire because they almost always give a flawless performance.

Since I have been home in the mornings (yay!), I have been watching Good Morning America which has it's Summer Music Series. Last Friday they had Alicia Keys. She can sing AND play piano. Another one I admire is Mary J. Blige! She will be on GMA this Friday, and I'll be sure to tune in for that. Dolly Parton just did a beautiful job singing on GMA!

I'd like to know who you like to listen to live. Is there a band or singer that you must see if they are on TV or performing close to you?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sadly, no. Mainly because we don't have time to go to concerts--I squeeze what I can of live music in when we go to Jazzfest, and that is also about the musicians themselves, not just vocalists!

Okay--and the food. It's really mostly about the food.