Sunday, June 29, 2008

Anniversary Day...

Yesterday, Matthew and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. Being the simple folk that we are (and trying to save $ building a house) we kept it simple. We "stole" his mom's BMW convertible and drove it to Landrum, SC. It was a totally cute town. We looked at several antique shops and ate at a really cute restaurant. They had a sign on the wall that said, "Any children left unattended will be given an espressro and a free puppy." I thought that was pretty good.
Anyhoo... on the way back, I convinced him to pay $3 each to hike up to see "Pearson's Falls." It was a simple hike, and it was a pretty waterfall.



We had a nice day together.

Let me know what your "vote" will be. I think we are leaning towards matching everything to cabinets. Who knows????????????

5 comments:

Babsy said...

I have been trying to vote on your poll...but keep getting an error message.

I love cabinets 1st. The rest will come into place.

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary! It seems like just a few weeks ago that TJ and I were at your beautiful wedding! I remember the food rocked--as did the ceremony, of course!

Jana said...

I vote cabinets too. Then you can coordinate everything to highlight the wood. When we bought our house, I picked all the paint to set off all of the orignal wood trim. I think it makes everything feel cozy and warm.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like it's coming along, when do you think it will be finished/move-inable? You guys must be excited...but are you going to have to leave your little mountain??

Moldy's going to miss her birds/lizards/squirrels/rabbit/deer and whatever else she catches on your little mountain!

-Yer MIA cuz

Jen said...

Glad you added the picture--It looks too pretty to be real!