Friday, June 27, 2008

In the beginning...

There was grading.


What's that saying about a solid foundation?



And then there were walls. (For those of you who do not know, Matthew, does solid concrete walls for a living.)


I have tried to take pictures from every angle. This one seems to be the house's best "side." Our basement floor is beautiful, because we know a very good finisher (someone who makes concrete look "pretty").







There is something to be said for having a floor beneath your feet.




This actually skips a few steps, but brings us (you) up to today. This picture was taken yesterday. All week I have been waiting on a roof to be put on the house, and it turns out that is will be done the beginning of next week.



The trusses will be set beginning Monday. We will have a roof by the end of next week!


Until then...

5 comments:

Babsy said...

Very cool. It will be fun watching you build.

Jana said...

Grodie

I think this rocks!!! I can wait until the fun decorating part. I am jealous you have a beautiful basement floor. One of these days when I get a spare week I want to turn my basement floor into one of those sparkley garage floors. But first I have to get the oil tanks out....

Jen said...

Your floor looks so very shiny! I love it.

I'm available to move in with my fam any time.

(maybe I should ask TJ)

Anonymous said...

I guess that's for you?

Matthew and I went in the woods.

Pop

Tiff said...

Hey now... I can go... if I really, really, really, have to :)