Saturday, August 30, 2008

Twilight Series Complete

This is the 4th and final book of the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn.

I must disagree with Jana and Jenny's critique that this book was just "so-so". I was so relieved to get another perspective in the story. The twist of Bella and Jacob's connection was great. I just love Alice, too. I think she is my favorite character. I think I knew someone like her in college (sans the whole vampire thing).

I think I could have been happy with a combined & condensed version of New Moon and Eclipse. They have a lot of great plot and character stuff, but there was so much repetition it felt tedious.

Kudos to Jana and Jenny for motivating me to read the entire series. Especially since each book was 500+ pages!
Meanwhile, there are only 20 days left until the long awaited release of Cycle 3 in the Inheritance series. I think this is the first time I've ever Pre-Ordered a book :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Okay but you have to admit that you were disturbed with the very beginning--where did THAT come from?

And the name? So awful.

Jana was more disappointed with the end than I was--all that build up for nothing, but I liked the ending just fine.

Tiff said...

I thought it was kind of cute... but I also thought, "Teenagers are reading this???"
The end (I'll admit) did feel a little fizzled out, but I liked it too. Definetly not something I would have read if you girls had not suggested it.

Jana said...

This is one of the main things that bugs me...
Every book has a big confrontation/fight. This is the FINAL book in the series, you introduce all these vamps with "super" powers and then you have them go home because they don't feel like fighting. Such a cop out...