Monday, September 1, 2008

Little details

So the framer is finishing the last little things, and he'll been finished! He made these brackets that go on the dormer (seen below) and the gables. It gives the house a little extra something.

All the doors and windows have been installed! WOO HOO!

Matthew's mom came to see the progress yesterday, and she gave the house a very nice compliment. We were down by the barn looking up to the house, and she said that it just "fits". Matt and I thought that was pretty cool.

So we have decided to go with an earthy, medium shade of green for the exterior. We are still debating on the trim colors. We'll have trim around the windows and the shakes on the gables, dormer, and chimney. The rough plumbing is in and passed inspection. The HVAC guys will be finishing and getting inspection, soon.


The electrician is working as I type. He has most of the lights and wall sockets wired. The tricky part has been the boxes that will go in the block wall. Matthew discovered that he could cut the conduit line and box out of the block using an electric chainsaw! Hopefully, that will be finished soon.

Next step will be drywall (I think). I'm still learning this whole process, but it's fun and interesting. I seem to get more excited about it everyday!

3 comments:

Jana said...

I love your house and green is my favorite color :) Can't wait to come and visit...

Anonymous said...

Boy it's really coming along...I'm impressed! Can't wait to see the finished product...IN PERSON ;)

So excited for you two!

M

Anonymous said...

Boy it's really coming along...I'm impressed! Can't wait to see the finished product...IN PERSON ;)

So excited for you two!

M