Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What a difference...

a couple of days and a BIG machine can make. Plus a very motivated father-in-law, who is an excellent grader.

Here is the front of the house without all the junk piles in the way :)


Here are the "finished" gables. I can't wait until we add some color.


Here is the back of the house with all the windows and doors! See the upstairs door... watch that first step... it's a doosie!



I am also very excited at some of the kitchen colors. The color is hard to see, but I really like them. There is the granite countertop I want, the cabinet color (I think we finally decided), and the tile we will use for the floor. We are thinking of using the same tile in the bathrooms, too.

We also have some wormy red oak beams. Matthew has planed some of the rough boards, added some stain, and I think they are beautiful! We will use them for the trim inside the house. And, yes, the wormy effect is natural!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks so good! I'm excited for you, I LOVE the granite (of course). The wormy wood is beautiful too- it's going to be fab when it's all finished. It looks great now, so nice with all those big trees around it. You must be itching to move in!!

Anonymous said...

The blue sky behind the house is so beautiful !!! The cabinet color is going to look great in the kitchen :)...making the counter top and cabinets perfect together.

Tiff said...

Thanks Mary and mum! I'm AM itching to be in the house. I told someone today that I was ready to move in, but the house wasn't ready :)
Exterior trim around windows and doors will begin this weekend!
I'm so excited...I just can't hide it... you know the rest ;P