Sunday, August 9, 2009

Charlotte & Friends

Matthew and I were cleaning up around the house today. We still had construction stuff scattered about, and it felt GREAT to get it picked up.

Before grabbing items around our house, it is always best to look first. I managed to find only one garter snake (sorry, no pic) while picking up scrap wood today. I grabbed him and sent him on his way far away from Matthew.

While gathering a pile in front of the house, I was sent to get a trash can from our new "trashcan corral". (Even though I am terrified of spiders) I was pleasantly greeted by Charlotte, who had decided to set up camp in a sideways trashcan.


Sadly, she had to be misplaced, but I expect her to build another web. Perhaps she will send me a message expressing her dislike for her forced move.

We are still cleaning up, and I find a bucket that has been updside down for who knows how long. Again, always be wary when flipping items over at our house. HELLO! I find Charlotte's evil sister, Black Widow. Her mate is still alive, and you can see him quite well in one pic (poor sap, doesn't know what's coming).




*Shiver* That last one gives me the heebee geebees. BTW~ These scary pics are posted for my mother (who is obsessed with spiders). LOVE YOU :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

11:38 pm, checking your blog and now I shall feel creepy crawly things on me all night long...

Mom said...

Thank you Tiff. Charlotte is my favorite spider. She is sooo beautiful !!! I wish I had one. You can have the black widow. I am sure the male will not be around much longer.

Love You :-)