Monday, December 21, 2009

Another Snow Day

So Moldy has not been much for going outside since the snow. Today, she was a little restless and decided to try it. After several minutes, she came running back to the front door. I let in, and she took off for the back bedroom and hid under Matthew's desk. Moldy promptly began to pull up the register vent. I was afraid she was going to dive inside! Something definitely spooked her. (I have the feeling it was some mischievous crows.)
A little later, she tried going out again. She even braved going out in the snow! (Of course, the top layer was so frozen, she just walked right across it without getting her feet wet.)

My favorite visitor came by today. We have a Pileated Woodpecker, and this is frist time I've managed to get a good picture of him.


A Broad-Winged Hawk landed in one of the trees towards the fence. He was too far away to get a good picture.
I walked to the mailbox and back. That was a pretty good workout. I checked on my poor little truck, and she's not going anywhere for awhile. Matthew helped our City Cop neighbor get his crusier out of the driveway... Yup... That's about it...

4 MORE DAYS!!!!!

1 comment:

Yer Cuz said...

How obnoxious that North Carolina is getting more snow than MONTANA!!! I can't believe it. I bought a new pair of snowshoes (now that I live a mile high, I thought I'd get to use 'em) and I haven't even seen enough snow to make a snowman!! Grr...gimmee back my snow :)

Hope ya'all are havin a blast in New Mex-i-co!