Friday, December 18, 2009

Snow News is Good News?

Today was supposed to be an early release day for students. They get out at 1:00pm. The faculty has been working on a silly Christmas play for the kids. The teachers have 2 furlough hours, so we would leave at 1:30 (instead of having to stay until 3:30).
At 6:20am, I received "the call". "This is David Jones, Assistant Super. of HCPS. Due to inclement weather, HCPS will be closed. Today will be an optional teacher workday." Ughh!
Matthew left at 6:30am and called me at 7:00. He had left something at home and needed me to bring it to the shop. I go out to crank up the truck, and it's snowing pretty heavy already. I managed to make it to the shop, but decided it was a bad idea to try and go to school.
I left and headed home. I managed to pull into our driveway but decided to park the truck in the orchard and hike the rest of the way to the house.
Here is the scene at 8:30 this morning.

Shortly after Matthew arrived home, the snow had turned to a rainy/sleety/snow. It practically ruined the pretty snow. But never fear... it's snowing again! We are supposed to get about 10 inches total. I think I'll just enjoy the snow and not worry about having to make a day. :)

No comments: