Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Frustration!

Yeah, I know, it's the most wonderful time of year... yaddah yaddah yaddah... While the snow sure it pretty, it sure is a bit of a burden. I LOVE my house and it's location, but it's not a ton of fun hiking in the snow a 1/2 mile.

To top it all off, the Christmas shopping needed finishing. Matthew did manage to take me on Sunday, and then yesterday I left him at work and ventured out... along with the other 1,000s of people who needed to fninsh their shopping, too.

Today, I successfully rescued my little truck. I needed to get back out there to get a few more gifts. The ride to town was bumper to bumper, but I expected that. I did get a sweet parking spot close to the first store.

The next spot was a little nerve wracking to exit. A lady saw that I was backing up, so she backed up to take my spot. I'm trying to back up and not hit her, someone else decided to back up at the sametime. I don't have a little car that can turn on a dime, so I needed to pull foward into the "other" lane and the lady makes a beeline for the other spot almost hitting me! CRAZY!!!

OK. So I make it home... well, to the driveway, at least. I'm debating on how far I want to try to go. I don't have 4-wheel drive, which limits my choices. As I'm about to gun it for my last spot, the neighbor is coming up the driveway. She can't go anywhere. I had to back out of the driveway and into the church drive across the street.

After parking it in the old spot, I begin the hike up to the house with a 12 pack and a honeybaked turkey + 2 jars of chutney. I guess it's good training for our trip to Mexico. :)

See that? I managed a smile. I can find the bright side... OK. No more whining! (Unless I can wine... beer works, too!) Christmas shopping is finished, mom & dad are on their way to visit and spend the night, and tomorrow we celebrate with the King family. Then tomorrow night (YIKES!) we'll drive to Charlotte to spend the night.... You won't hear from me again until after January 4! Unbelievable! Sorry I had to vent, there are SO many positive things that outweigh any of the above.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: