Sunday, July 27, 2008

Great week!

I spent last week in Florida with the "Sutherland" clan. This is my father's side of the family. My cousin, Mary, was able to come all the way from Montana! We had a great time. I can't describe how much fun we had together.

Monday, I went to the beach with some of the family. My Aunt Sandra teaches Biology, so she loves finding any living creature. Mary was searching in the tidal pools and came across a squid. Poor little guy was going to die in the "hot tub", so she put him in a bag. (Aunt Sandra is ALWAYS prepared) :) Mary released him/her into the ocean. He had chewed through the bag so much, that it broke when she released him.

Needless to say, he (or she) did not like the plastic bag. Here is the video.

This was the most amazing thing I have ever seen! I had "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" in mind when I decided to switch to video.

Meanwhile, this little crab's home was just in front of our "post". He would creep out towards the water, squat down, and find some little tidbits.

The clouds were in and out, and while I was reading, I happen to glance up at this beautiful sight.

The rest of the week was spent shopping and hanging out. Friday, a few of us went to Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. The first, I would recommend only two roller coasters, The Hulk and Twin Dragons. Twin Dragons was great, because I was not expecting the other coaster to "run" into the other.

Universal Studios is great! First we saw "Shrek 4-D". It was VERY funny! We waited for the "Simpson's Ride" but we left the line when we figured out is was NOT a roller coaster.

The Mummy was the BEST! It is an indoor roller coaster with lots of surprises.

I was sad to leave my Mary, but I am glad to be home. :)

Side note: Aaron just won "Next Foodnetwork Star"! Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, Tiff, I have to say I thought Aaron was the worst. Granted, his food looked good, but what he did in Vegas should have gotten him eliminated. I wouldn't watch Lisa, but I couldn't stand his fake-ness on camera. Big Daddy--I won't be visiting your house.

That Squid is awesome. I've watched the video like 15 times! I've only seen squid battered and fried with a side of marinara.

Jana said...

I LOVE the Mummy ride. We went to FL for my 30th birthday, which is in January. So no one was there we got to ride it like 5 times in a row. And I kept riding the dragons one. I would ride red and then jump off and then ride blue etc. Loads and loads of fun. I loved Spiderman too. I have to go back for a conference in April, I can't wait!