Friday, July 18, 2008

House of Gables, Soffit, Fascia, & More...

The house is beginning to look like a... HOUSE! This is the gable before...


and here is the gable, after. The fascia is really what helps.


This is the guest bedroom you would stay in, should you ever visit us. :)

The beadboard soffit looks great! I have spent a couple of days this week priming these bad boys.

This is the back of the house, and the tall scaffolding used to put up the fascia, soffit, and rafters. It's only about, um, 20 feet up.

This is the front of the house. The dormer is going to provide TONS of light through the vaulted ceiling in the living room.

This is Sam. He's our framer. He's been looking out for me this week while I've been priming the beadboard.

He's awesome. He'll be back next week to finish up the other gable, and I will probably have windows and a roof!!!!

I am going out of town for the week, so I'm pretty stoked about how different the house will look when I get back.

Oh... I will be in Florida next week with the family. Matthew can't come along, but I am going to see my cousin, Mary, whom I have seen only once since my wedding (5 years ago).

See you in a week!!!!!

6 comments:

Babsy said...

Looks like a house!
Have a safe trip.

Jen said...

You were just dying to use your new vocab, weren't you? Impressive!

Your house is going to be awesome.

I can't wait to see it!

I'll miss you while you are at the beach. Have fun!

Tiff said...

Is is that obvious?

I'm really excited. Moldy likes the house. She'll walk with us up to the house, and she'll collapse in our soon to be bathroom. :)

See y'all next week!

Jana said...

Can I make a reservation for the guest room?

Tiff said...

Of course you can make a reservation! We should be open for business by November (fingers crossed).

Leslie said...

Hi Tiff! I've been seeing your comments on J&Js and been meaning to check out your blog. Well, you got me with soffit and fascia...i have a weird love for building and builders :)
Looks great!