Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thanks, girls!

The girls are Jen, Jan, and Barbara. They have inspired me to get into a reading phase. This time, I want the phase to stick!

I have read a couple of other books this summer, but the was the launching point (no pun intended).

I loved it! My dad read this 736 page book in 2 or 3 days! The next 2 books, I actually went to the public library to find.

"Life of Pi" is a great story. It is written in two parts, and the second part is wild and a little gruesome at times. It was a good read.

The current book is great! I am only to Chapter 10, but I can see why Barbara (see above and Babsy's 101 blog) went in search of A - R.

When I finish this one, I am going to try "Twilight." Meanwhile, I am still waiting for "Brisingr" which is Cycle 3 of the Inheritance series. "Eragon" was great, and "Eldest" was excelllent! "Brisingr" will be released in September (20th, I think).

Anyhoo... We have some windows in the house! I will be posting soon!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Hey--great talking to you yesterday, and I love the new profile pic!

You all are motivating me to read as well. I love reading, seems like one shouldn't need motivation, but it's nice to have people to talk to about books! Positive peer pressure rules!

Tiff said...

Thanks! I loved talking to you, too!

Even if we aren't all reading the same book, it is a lot of fun to tell each other about what we've read. The challenge will be to keep reading when school starts :P

Tiff said...

Sorry, but our two pictures together are too funny!

Jen said...

Yeah--me with my baby, you with yours. I think Moldy looks more like Matthew, though.

Jana said...

Grodie-
There is no trying Twilight. You will LOVE it I promise. You will be running out to by the other ones. Trust me I am almost a librarian :) You will curse me because you have lost so much time decorating your new house :)

Jen said...

Speaking of positive peer pressure--I saw a hummingbird in my garden today and went immediately to Wal-Mart to purchase a new feeder. Bronwen and I made food, and tonight my little bird was sipping away.
:-)
It's the little joys.

Babsy said...

I'm glad you like the Grafton series. It isn't as high-brow as Jenny's literature...but it will do.