Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just another day~

I seemed to have been a bit confusing in the last post. I had gone to the Biltmore House (see pic below) in the middle of the week. After a tour of the ginormous house, my family and I ventured to the winery for a tasting.


The following weekend, I finally opened one of the fine wines purchased (actually, Dad paid) at the Biltmore. If you ever come to the Asheville, NC area, I highly recommend seeing the House and the grounds. It is quite fascinating.


Later, while venturing to the "new" house, I came across these busy bees. I titled this one "Never Drink Alone." :)

Continuing my venture back to the "old" house, I needed to go check on the chickens. We have 4 hens who are going to live to be old hens. I go to open the yard door, and....

scary cicada shell startles me! It was pretty interesting how the empty shell of this bug continued to cling to the side of the door. It stayed for several days!

The sun was getting low in the sky, and the butterfly bush was doing its job of attracting butterflies. The bees were hard at work gathering pollen from the surrounding flowers.


So it was just another beautiful day.

Work on the house is slow, but it is beginning to look like a house! There has finally been enough work done to take some pictures. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Nice cicada!

Quite impressive.

Babsy said...

That bug is a Cicada. They are really interesting. Check out Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada

Jen said...

Hey--I hope you recheck your comments on the various blogs, as people are responding. (ex: Sibling Revelry, Jana commented back) It's confusing and crazy fun!